Xanga No More!

If you're reading this and you've been following me on Twitter, you can see that I decided to start blogging again. Hopefully what I post up here will be more intentional and meaningful than the mundane, random happenings I used to post on my Xanga in high school.

The title of this blog, "Pressing on Toward the Goal," is taken from Philippians 3:12-14. Specifically, verses 13b-14:

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Right now I still find myself in a transitional period of my life--in between college and the working world--still finding this new role for myself as a young professional and independent adult, but also currently living at home with my parents; in the midst of college friends all getting married and starting their new lives while being in a serious relationship for the past two years myself. A lot has changed in these past two and a half years since I graduated from Taylor University and I know my life will probably change dramatically in the next few years to come.

Despite all the good and bad things that have happened, these Philippians verses are a reminder to look toward the most worthy prize and to live each day pressing toward my future with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So I hope to chronicle some of those times here.

Thanks for joining the ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers